Make your own birthday candles and completely personalise your party! You can do almost everything to your party, and it couldn’t be different to your birthday candles. And that’s what we are going to tell you today. Don’t forget to have a look at our previous articles about organising a party for the first time and 5 games for indoor birthday parties. You can get lots of great ideas!
When you are baking a homemade cake for someone’s birthday, make it even more special by putting handmade birthday candles, personalised, and created from natural beeswax.
Read on and know how to Make your own birthday candles.
Find how to make your own birthday candles
These candles can make a birthday cake look homemade and handmade and show the birthday child that they are very important. You can even make some extra and save for other birthdays that have throughout the year.
Fine cotton wick to candle
- Put about 450 grammes of beeswax in a coffee mug.
- Place the coffee mug in a pan.
- Fill the pan with water until half.
- Heat the water over medium-high heat until the wax melts completely.
- Cut about 20cm of the wick candle.
- Dip about 7.5 cm from each end of the wick cut into melted wax. Remove the wick after 2 seconds.
- Dip the wick in the wax again, as you have done previously until the candles stay with approximately 0.6 cm thick.
- Let the candle cool completely.
- Cut the wick to separate the two candles created.
Isn’t it easy to do? You can also check other ways to Make your own birthday candles. You can personalise your candles with characters kids like, such as Minnie, or Elsa, from Frozen movie.
- Buy those big candles with the years of the person (1, 3, 5, and so on).
- Buy also the moulds that you want. For example, if you are going to give a Minnie’s party , buy a mould with little ears and bow tie, or if you have a princesses party, buy a mould with a crown.
- Spend a primer on the candle (white and smooth preference).
- Let dry and apply again the primer.
- Now we are going to personalise our birthday candle. I choose to make a Minnie Birthday Candle. Take a look!
- In a bowl put cherry-red acrylic paint, and with a soft brush mix a little white glue (if you want to opt for plastic paint, you no longer need to add the glue).
- Apply the paint in the candle quickly (as it enters in the drying process).
- While it is still not dry, pour red glitter on the candle. (Do not be afraid to throw a lot).
- Hit the candle so that the excess glitter fall.
- Let it dry.
- Choose two black buttons to the little ears of Minnie, or if you want to do it with the mould using a clay, and then paint.
- You can make the bow also with mould, or you can buy. There are several available at craft stores.
- Now you just need to glue the ears and the bow on the top of your candle!
Did you like our post? You can make lots of different candles using our tips. I am sure you are going to Make your own birthday candles lots of times!